Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day


On Saturday night we had a special BBQ dinner in honor of Father's Day. We just bought a gas grill a few weeks ago, so we thought we would properly "break it in!" Daddy picked out his meats of choice..."a little of each for us all to share!" There was steak, lamb, prawns and salmon....YUMMY! He grilled them up perfectly, proudly wearing one of his Father's Day gifts...a grilling apron! Doesn't he look handsome?

The girls and I baked a special DAD cake, all from scratch! I also tried a new recipe for cheesy olive bread that I found over at The Pioneer Woman Cooks. It was delicious! Good food and some good wine. Aaaaah! It was fun to have a special "fancy dinner" as Bethany and Sarah called it. We all enjoyed it immensely!

We are all very thankful to have a husband/dad that works so hard to provide for us all! He does so much to show us he loves us everyday, so we were happy to show him, in this small way, that he means the world to us! We love you DAD!

5 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Mama Chanoli said...

How fun is that??? I didn't see your picture on the Pioneer woman blog.... She's a hoot isn't she? And there are a ton of folks who I know who read her! Glad to know you do too! How'd the bread turn out? BTW, I got my apron and it's too cute!!

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Hey I want to see a picture of Mama Chanoli in her new apron on the blog now okay! So glad that you won! I love reading The Pioneer Woman...she IS a hoot! I didn't send in my pic though...I take all the pics around here so I rarely make it in one! LOL! Did you send in a picture?

The bread was SOOOO YUMMY! You will have to try it! Asa liked it but I think she is right, it is chick food! I was the only one going back for seconds...and thirds! hee hee!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger kerri @ gladoil said...

All that Bar-b-que sounds like Rand's kind of thing! It looks like you guys had a good day. We were too exhausted from F.C.

I moved my blog to blogger.
http://gladoil.blogspot.com/
kerri

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Nan said...

How did I go ALL this time without knowing that Asa was your hubby?! Oh my goodness! LOL I met Asa when I was in... fourth grade I think! :^) (And of course we ran into you both again a couple of years ago when we were visiting the church at Marshall Elementary. Too funny that I didn't make the connection until I saw his picture here!

Oh and Kristi, you have to send me a picture of you in your apron! I have a feeling I got you both hooked on Ree didn't I? She is hysterical and oh... the food. It's downright evil. Evil. But good.

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Yes, Nan...it is all your fault that I am reading Ree! LOL! She cracks me up! Would love to just spend a day in her world! My daughters went GOOGLE-EYED when I told them that she has wild horses running all over her ranch! They are so into horses at ages 5 and 8!

I am trying to rack my brain and remember when I met you at CREC meeting at Marshall school. I am sooo bad at names and faces! Sorry! I will have to ask Asa about your meeting him in the 4th grade. Did you guys go to the same school at one point? That is too funny...small world huh?

I am serious about you guys stopping in here on your trip if you so desire. It sounds like you have a lot planned but if you want a detour, or could tack on an extra day or two please let me know. Would love to have you! We have room to put you up for the night even. Just know that the invite is there, for now or anytime in the future that you find yourselves CA bound!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home