Pictures from the Past...
My mother has been working on our family tree for several years now and she recently mailed me a disc with all kinds of old pictures that she has scanned. I have found it very interesting to look at them. Some of the people I remember meeting during my lifetime, (of course looking much older) while others I only know by name. It is fun to see the fashions of clothes, the old model cars driven in the early 20th century and most of all to see them enjoying life, looking so young and carefree! Having lost 3 of my four grandparents in the last 2 years, and also my father 18 years ago, these pictures bring back wonderful memories for me, memories of people that I loved dearly. Thankfully I can say that I will see many of them again someday....looking young and happy once again! I thought it would be fun to post some of these pictures here. Does anyone else have any old family pictures, from generations past, to share?
it is of my father as a young boy with both of my grandparents.
My grandfather was in the Navy and so my father is dressed in his own
little navy uniform to match his dad. This picture was taken around 1946. My own boys look so much like my father! They are about this same age right now and oh can I see the resemblance!


This is a picture of my grand-
My grandfather was in the Navy and so my father is dressed in his own
little navy uniform to match his dad. This picture was taken around 1946. My own boys look so much like my father! They are about this same age right now and oh can I see the resemblance!


This is a picture of my grand-
father as a boy...and this is my grandmother on the far right, with her sister at a young age. They were only a year apart and were always very close.
In my next post I will share a few pictures from my mother's side of the family.
In my next post I will share a few pictures from my mother's side of the family.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home