Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Snort! Snort!"


One of Jesse and Jared's favorite board books is "Are you my Mother?" by P.D. Eastman. It is a cute little story about a bird that hatches from his egg while his mother is out in search of food. He wanders from the nest in search of his beloved mother and meets several creatures along the way. To each he asks the question, "Are you my Mother?" Finally, he meets a large noisy "Snort", so named by the sound that it makes. This kind "Snort" helps the little bird return to his nest just in time for his mother's return.

Ever since reading this book, Jesse and Jared have found great joy in pointing out every "Snort" that they see around town! It is so funny to hear them mutter, "Nort! Nort!" while pointing their little fingers out the car window as we pass some ongoing road construction. We also have some contstruction going on in our neighborhood, with a new housing development being built. On our daily walks, they enjoy sitting on the sidewalk for a spell, watching the men in the yellow vests with hardhats on, operate the big "Snorts." So enthralled they become that I can barely tear them away! They are such boys those two! I am really enjoying these "boy moments!"

4 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Duchess of Fife said...

I love that book! :)

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember that one. I liked it, too.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Shayleen said...

How funny Melanie-I go to Emily's Ceilidh every so often and I follow a link and hey-those babies look awfully familiar! Isn't that the net-follow a link from Texas back to your own hometown. :) Come by and say "hi" to me sometime!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Shayleen said...

Well, I can see why you didn't recognize me, see'ins I didn't sign my name. Sorry. I had to type it out a couple times because I'm having trouble figuring out how to sign into my blogger account. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home