Thursday, February 15, 2007

So much to be thankful for....



I have spent a lot of time today remembering...remembering where we once were and praising God for where we are today!

Today is Jesse and Jared's 2nd birthday! We celebrated by having a family from church over for lunch, cupcakes and some fun playtime! But being a mother, I couldn't help but spend some quiet moments alone, looking back on the events of that evening two years ago when they made their surprisingly early entrance into this world. It was a bit stressful to say the least as Jesse and Jared were born 10 weeks early and spent the first 6 weeks of their little lives in the NICU. I know I felt like life was spinning out of control that night and I could do nothing but sit back and observe, trusting the Lord for the outcome. They looked so frail and tiny, all hooked up to a bunch of machines, with tubes running everywhere. But when I look at them today, I see two handsome little fellows, who are so full of energy and loving life! As always our Heavenly Father has proved faithful and has brought us through another year.

We are so blessed with these two and they bring much joy and excitement into our home! I praise God for their good health and enjoy watching them grow, learning to do new BIG things each day. I am so excited when I think of all the fun that the future yet holds for us! I know that it will only get better and better! We continue to trust God for their lives, for they are truly His, but are we are so thankful for the privilege of raising them up for Him, teaching them to walk in His ways. May God in His grace, make them mighty men who fear and love the Lord!



I love you Jesse and Jared....Happy Birthday!

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger Duchess of Fife said...

Wow! What a difference from those first photos! Happy Birthday, boys!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! They HAVE grown so much! This is such a fun stage and I am thoroughly enjoying it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home