"Marey Christmas" by Bethany

"In Bethlehem long time. There was two people named Mary and Joseph. Mary is going to have a baby. The baby name is Jesus he is God. Now there was shepherds and angels upeard and they were trefied. But the angel said do not be ufade for I bring you good nuws of graet joy that will be for all the people. Today in Bethlehem the Saver is born to you. He is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you. You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger. Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host apeard with the angel praising God saying, Glory to God in the highest."
My oldest daughter Bethany disappeared into the office for some time one afternoon, earlier this week. When she reappeared she informed me that she had put together a presentation for the family on Christmas Day! She showed me her script and I was quite impressed. I have tried to copy it word for word above, but if you could only see it in her own handwriting... I was so proud of her! She wrote it all by herself with no help from me! To put this in a little better context, I must explain that until lately she has been a bit unsure of her writing skills. Being the first born and a real perfectionist, she DOES NOT like to make mistakes, so for her to sit down and do this all on her own without my prompting, and without crumpling up a few dozen pieces of paper in the process, was a BIG deal! She may have made some grammar and spelling mistakes, but she sure got the message right! So today, after our Christmas dinner we all enjoyed a visit from two "angelic beings" (you can't see it in the picture, but both Bethany and Sarah are wearing pairs of wings from their dress-up clothes box...she even put together the costumes!) They presented to us the Christmas story in their own words. We all enjoyed their enthusiasm in celebrating the true meaning of Christmas! And now mommy will tuck away her script for posterity sake! She might just enjoy seeing it years down the road...and mommy will enjoy it over and over again until then!
I am so proud of you Bethany....
for being eager to tackle and learn new things,
but even more so for the many ways you show your love for Jesus!

2 Comments:
What a beautiful Christmas memory.
Bethany ----
Must say that Grandma is very proud of you too! I already knew you were talented but writing the program all by yourself in your own handwriting was so special! God is good to bless our hearts through you!
I love you!
Tutu
Post a Comment
<< Home