Monday, November 06, 2006

Special time with daddy

One more post for today...

Something happened this past weekend that put a big smile on my face.

My darling husband woke up early on Saturday morning. (Well, I guess 6:30am isn't too early for him, since he usually gets up at 4am each work day morning! Poor guy...he works so hard!) Anyway, he nudged me and asked if it was okay if he woke Sarah up and took her out for a special outing to celebrate her birthday...just the two of them. I thought that was so sweet and of course said yes. He hurried to get himself ready and then went into the girls' room, scooped up Sarah off the bottom bunk and carried her downstairs. She woke up along the way down and so daddy told her of his fun idea and off they went! Oh yes...I forgot to mention that we had stayed up late the night before watching a movie and both girls had conveniently fallen asleep in their clothes so she was already dressed for the early morning outing. LOL! When they returned Sarah was all smiles. And do you know why? Because her daddy had thought to take the time to do something special with just her! I wanted to share this story to encourage all you fathers out there with young daughters. Take time to do something spontaneous with your little girl! It doesn't have to be an expensive or elaborate outing. A cup of hot chocolate and a big fat cinnamon roll at the local Starbucks will make her feel like queen for the day! Sarah had an extra gleam in her eye all day Saturday. And do you know why? Because her daddy took the time to show her how special she is to him! And that made this mommy so proud of her man!

1 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger Papa Chanoli said...

Gulp. I guess I'd better go and think up a trip to Starbucks with Giggles or something. Now that you've got me thinking about it, it sounds like fun.

Love ya'all.

PC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home