Monday, November 06, 2006

Out of the Ordinary

"Rain rain go away..."

Well...you know the rest!

We have been getting A LOT of rain these past few days! I know, I know...I live in the Pacific Northwest so what's the big surprise you ask. Well as a recent transplant I am still adjusting okay, so please cut me a little slack here! LOL! And the news tonight did say that we have gotten as much rain in the past 3 days as we usually get for the whole month of November! Now that is a lot of rain....especially to this California girl. Despite the intense downpours today I decided to do something a little out of character. I drug all four of the kids out for a walk with umbrellas in hand! I know...what a mean mom! Not only have I begun to miss our sunny day walks these last few weeks, I guess I was feeling a bit guilty about eating a few too many pieces of candy that we acquired on OCT 31st....I'll admit it! Jesse and Jared sat all snug and warm in their bicycle carriage....you know the type that you can also pull behind a bicycle. They were completely protected from all wind and rain...so there...I am not such a mean mom afterall! Bethany and Sarah did complain a bit at first. We had hardly gotten around the first corner when Bethany announced that she felt drops on her nose. Funny girl. She suggested that we "cut the walk short mom" but I said, "NOPE, we are going the whole 1.5 miles that we usually do and it is going to be fun!" As we started out we walked briskly and just about worked up a sweat doing it. Although it has been wet, it has been "warm" for this time of year....in the mid to upper 60s. They say that this is a tropical storm, thus the higher than usual temps. Anyway, as we walked along we could hear the wind really whipping things up! Leaves were blowing everywhere and soon Bethany and Sarah gave up the complaining and started chasing the leaves down the sidewalk. It was a funny sight really. I almost felt like joining them! And yes....we really did have fun! Sometimes it is good to do something out of the ordinary I think and for me taking a walk in the rain was out of the ordinary! Will I do it again? You bet!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home