Thursday, October 11, 2007

Rambling and complaints from a tired mother of sick children....

I wonder if the inhabitants of Radiator Springs got much sleep that night that Lightning McQueen repaved their little piece of Route 66 with "Old Bessie".... (I guess I have been stuck indoors with sick little ones too long when I start relating my own life to computer generated automobiles!) LOL!

Well, I can tell you from experience that breaking up old asphalt, dropping those huge pieces in the back of a dump truck, pouring gravel and then repaving a highway in the middle of the night (as in from 8pm to 5am!) can be quite annoying to the inhabitants of any neighborhood! This is what we endured last night...and will most likely endure again this evening as the HUGE spotlights are still in place! Why must they do things like this at such ungodly hours? Okay, so it is a well traveled highway and blocking most of the road off during commute hours could cause a major traffic jam for a few hundred people maybe, but don't they understand that us mothers of sick children need some peace and quiet at night? Especially when we are still getting up numerous times to clean up throw-up and dish out the Tylenol and Ibuprofen! Those lights were blinding! Those "NORTS" were noisy! (Even Jesse and Jared who are usually so entranced by their every move, were annoyed at them last night and kept whining, "Mama, norts noisy!") And they only did a small portion of one lane folks! How many more nights will it take?

I sure do hope that tonight is a bit more quiet....although I highly doubt that it will be outside our bedroom window anyway. Jared did finally make it through a night without a fever. I had to take both boys to the doc on MON as Jared started throwing up and both were still running fevers. Turns out they have ear infections. Jared's left ear is infected and Jesse's right ear is infected. I had to laugh out loud when the doctor told me that. "It figures! They always have to be the same, yet different!" I told her. So now we're on some Amoxicillin and still hacking and coughing. Thankfully Bethany and Sarah are back to normal and can help me out again because for the last few days my throat has been feeling rather swollen and I woke up this morning all stuffed up. I am thinking I may have to call the doctor again if we are still experiencing the fevers and vomiting this far in with another weekend quickly approaching. Shouldn't they have improved and the fevers not gotten higher after 6 doses of antibiotics?

Well...there is my ranting and raving for the day. Thanks for listening and if you think of it, please say a prayer for us to be feeling better soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home