Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I DID IT!

Jesse and Jared are learning how to follow simple instructions and they love to help mommy so I give them basic chores to do such as putting the folded kitchen towels in the drawer, retrieving diapers from their room as needed and putting their dirty clothes into the washing machine. (The last of which requires the use of a step stool which they quickly retrieve and drag to the laundry room from the downstairs bathroom.) I always try to praise them verbally for a job well-done. In the last few weeks, they have come to expect this verbal praise and upon finishing a job they will run to me with both hands stretched up into the air and a big smile across their face. They are pleased to announce to me, "Mommy...I did it!" I give them a big "high-ten" slap on both hands and thank them for their quick obedience. I just think it is so cute and they came up with it all on their own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home