
Last night after putting the boys to bed, I went in to the girls' room to read them a chapter before tucking them in. We were about 10 minutes into our reading when we heard a door VERY QUIETLY open and then close. I didn't think much of it; it was probably just Asa checking on my whereabouts as he had settled in our room to watch some TV a bit earlier. About 30 seconds later we heard the door open and close again. This happened several times and then I began to get a little suspicious. Bethany gave me a quizzical look and I turned around to look out the door into the hallway towards the boys' room. There I saw 4 little eyes staring back at me, with a look of "Uh-oh" written across the faces of two small boys. They were peering out their doorway, wondering what to do next. As I got up and headed their way, they made a quick beeline back to their cribs! Needless to say, a firm correction followed and they were soon back in bed sniffling, most likely very disappointed that their escapade had been foiled. I couldn't help but smile after closing their door. I guess we have "climbed" another milestone! I think they are about ready for "big boy" beds!
3 Comments:
LOL! I bet they thought they were being quite clever. Don't they know that moms have eyes in the back of their heads?
oh, to be a fly on the wall and watch them get out!! Interesting that not just one tried it but both - I wonder who convinced who to be first!!! Cute! (but not so cute too ;))
Oh, I bet it is just the beginning of many years of those guys cooking up mischief together. You are in for such fun! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home