Progress...
Jesse made it through the night now without a fever and without throwing up! HURRAY! (Mothers appreciate the small things in life sometimes ya know!) He seems to have turned a bit of a corner so maybe we are on the home stretch. I did talk to the doctor again yesterday and she thinks we are fighting a virus as well as the ear infections. That would make sense, seeing no improvement with the antibiotics since antibiotics don't help with a virus. Both boys are still hacking and coughing though, and I really think that this "virus" that we are fighting is possibly bronchitis by the way they sound. They both had bronchitis their first year of life and it put them in the hospital for a few days. That is when we were sent home with the inhalers for asthma. Thankfully we haven't had to use them much this time around. They do tend to wheeze whenever they have something respiratory going on. Maybe we are making progress in that area too. I am thankful that the weekend is here so that the hubby will be around to help with the kiddos.
Oh, and yes, we did have another busy night behind the house! Progress is slow there. Ho hum. I looked out the window several times during the night. I saw the same guy standing there across the street with his rain gear on, holding his post, drinking a cup of hot coffee and talking to someone important on a walkie-talkie. He was helping to direct the "traffic" I suppose....the sort of traffic that goes by at 3am in the morning. I couldn't help but feel a bit sorry for him...for a moment...standing out there in the rain and cold all night. Hmmmm...but then again he is probably getting paid some crazy amount to do so and receiving an endless supply of Starbucks so he doesn't fall asleep on the job!

2 Comments:
I'm sorry your guys are feeling poorly. It's so sad when the little guys are sick. (But at least they are still for a little while..)
Hope all gets well. The flu is going around!
God Bless,
Claire Kennedy
Post a Comment
<< Home