
Yes....I do it to my kids every year. I make them sit on Santa's lap so I can have a photo to put in their scrapbooks. You see, this way we will have much entertainment in about, oh, 10 years or so. I have several pictures of myself at a wee age, sitting on Santa's lap crying. Everyone has to have at least one of those pictures right? Well, we actually made it this year without any tears. A true miracle. I had to prep Jesse and Jared all morning for their visit with the bearded man. I told them they were going to see Santa and sit on his lap. At first this didn't go over too well. When I asked them if they wanted to see Santa they said "Yes!" When I asked them if they wanted to sit on his lap, a strange look came over both of their faces and they both replied adamantly, "No!" Then I asked them if mommy could sit on Santa's lap and they both laughed and said, "No, mommy too big heavy!" Gee..thanks guys! (Not that I wanted to, let's just clarify that one!) Anyway, they both cooperated quite well when we arrived at the mall and as long as mommy stood nearby, they quickly climbed up on old Saint Nick's lap without any problem. Of course the girls are old pros at this by now. Everyone smile at the camera and say "HO HO HO! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home