Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Holiday prep....

*Christmas picture taken and prints ordered....check!
Accomplished this today after taking a billion shots of the kids from what seemed like right after breakfast til lunch time...you know how it is you mothers of young children. Three cheers for the digital camera! (I really think my children are especially thankful that this item is now checked off! I'm sure they dread the annual holiday picture with perfectionist mommy behind the camera! LOL!)

*Christmas letter written for out of town family and friends...check!
Just need to print the umpteen copies now and stuff them envelopes! Better get my stamps....

*Boys' shopping done...90%
Now it's daddy turn...he gets to put together the cool train set/table for Jesse and Jared ;)

*Girls' shopping done...90%
Did my online shopping early this year and am just waiting for the "package man" to deliver.

*Christmas cookie ingredients bought...check!
Okay, maybe I will need 2 or 3 more things here yet...


Never before have I been this ready for Christmas prior to the actual month of December! I am so proud of myself! And now you know what I have been doing during my spare time for the last few weeks, instead of blogging.

Next week is our annual cookie baking fest where "my other Bethany" comes and stays a week with us and we bake all sorts of yummy treats for the neighbors and in between I get to do any Christmas shopping that is yet to be done. This means going shopping all by myself for as many days in a row as I like! (I am really excited about this part...can you tell?) Bethany is also good to help me with my Christmas cards and also making some little crafty fun things with the girls so that they can give gifts to their friends. (Just in case you are wondering, I affectionately call Bethany Roach, a gal from our church, "my other Bethany." She helps me out so much during the week she stays with us. It has become an annual tradition to have her here the week following Thanksgiving and I am always so grateful to her, and her family also, for loaning her to us!)

My DH is also getting into the holiday spirit a bit early this year. I was surprised really, as this time of year can be a bit stressful for him, being a FEDEX courier and this being the beginning of their peak season. He is eager to put the decorations up on the outside of the house and so he drug out all the boxes from storage this evening! We are planning on putting up our tree before the weekend is over with...at least that is the plan we have at the moment.

I think this will be a fun Christmas season with the boys understanding more and being more involved in all the festivities. The girls are excited to be participating in the church Christmas program on December 14th. Bethany will be a shepherdess and Sarah will be an angel. (That reminds me...I need to put FIND COSTUMES for them on the to-do list!) Bethany's girl choir will also be singing. It should be a fun evening and we are all looking forward to it.

So bring on the holidays! Start counting those shopping days! Play those carols! I'm not scared! I'm ready...for once!

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Amy said...

You are way ahead of me! I have the girls presents ordered and I vaguely know what I'm making for my neices and nephews but actually haven't started yet. I like to wait until the day before ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home