Thursday, August 02, 2007

Summer goodness...

One of the things I love about summer is picking berries! When I was growing up we took vacations to Southern Oregon every few years to visit family. Being a California city girl, I remember thinking to myself how amazing it was to be able to just pull over by the side of the road somewhere and pick all the yummy fresh berries you wanted for free! Another happy memory was spending time down by the river....something that I hope to do with the kids when the boys are a bit older. My mom and I still laugh about the time we went rafting down part of the Rogue River and I actually took a word search puzzle book with me, thinking I was going to float down the river lazily, soaking in the sun's rays, while enjoying my puzzle book. Well soon enough it was obvious that I was not an experienced river rafter. My puzzle book and myself ended up soaking up water NOT rays! LOL! Anyway, I digress...but happy memories are fun to remember.

We have spent some time berry picking this past month or so. We visited a farm nearby where we picked raspberries and marionberries with friends and made some delicious cobbler. We also have our favorite places near home that we like to walk to and gather the wild blackberries. Of course those are a bit more tricky to pick, with all the thorns and such...but the reward is sweet! Here are some picture of our berry picking adventures...enjoying the sweet goodness that summer berries bring!




1 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Oh you went with Alice! Looks like a lot of fun. We're going blueberry picking tomorrow. Grae can't wait, lol. Hope he can say blueberries right by then or we will be kind of embarrassed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home