Growing up...
We have had a few changes around here in the past few weeks, and to me they are BIG ones!
It is fun to watch my little guys grow up and pass through yet another stage of life. In my mind we have jumped yet another "hurdle!" Jesse and Jared are out of diapers and are now using "the potty!" Yes folks, this is the first time in oh about 9 years that I haven't had to buy diapers! Imagine that! I can say with utmost certainty that I won't be missing that chore. I am so proud of my little guys; they are doing quite well with only a occasional mishap. Of course we are still using pull-ups for outings and naps/bedtime, but for the most part they are proudly sporting their new undies. There are the Mickey Mouse ones, the CARS ones, the Superman ones and the Spidey ones! So many choices I know. (Grandpa gave them gift cards to a local department store for Christmas, so hey...I stocked up!) LOL!
And then this past weekend, we FINALLY got them moved from cribs to twin beds! I know, they were in those cribs WAY TOO LONG and had no problem climbing in and out rather quickly. I don't know why it took so long to make the switch. The girls were out of the crib much earlier, but then maybe it was due to the fact that the next baby always needed it so it was necessity. Guess we just got a bit lazy with the boys. Anyway, Jesse and Jared really like their new BIG BOY BEDS and their new cowboy sheets/comforter. They seem to not mind nap time as much these days cause they get to lay in their new beds and look at books. What fun! I wonder how long that enthusiasm will last.
And ah yes...another person in the family "grew up" this past week as well. I am now experiencing what my DH assured me is the "new 30" for I turned the BIG 4-0 this past Saturday. Yep...that's right. I am not 30-something anymore. I am announcing it right here for all to read! And even though I was sort of dreading experiencing "the BIG ONE" I have to admit that I don't feel much different than I did last week! Okay, except maybe for that crook in my neck that I have been feeling for the past few days, and all those extra gray hairs. LOL!
The day started off quite well with a lovely breakfast in bed, prepared by my DH and lovely daughters. They were all up and on their way to the store at 6:15am to do some shopping, while I lay snoring in my comfy bed. (Sarah was good to relay all the details to me while I sat there eating, my hair sticking up and all that good stuff.) They bought me a beautiful bouquet of hot pink roses, a birthday balloon, a card, and all the fixings for a yummy breakfast, all before the sun even came up. Even the boys were woken up early so they could join in on the singing. It was a wonderful thing to wake to! They made me feel so special!
I'll leave you with a few pictures of the boys proudly perched on their new beds. (Sorry, no birthday pics of me sitting in bed eating breakfast, with stick-up hair. The boys look much cuter I promise you!)


4 Comments:
Too cute!!! Way to go on the potty training!!!!! I keep wanting to move Silliness to the bed but she won't have it! Ack! Oh, and I so meant to wish you a Happy Birthday - so Happy birthday!!!!!!
Yeah for big boys!! They are such fun to have in class! It's so amazing watching them grow from little babies into little boys.:-)
Hi Melanie! Lana here... I had the wallies to match your kids bedding.. too bad I just got rid of them... I had no idea there was bedding too... oh well... :-)
pics here...
http://www.usawallpaper.com/olkiriemwa.html
Happy Birthday, Melanie! Glad to see you've linked to me. I didn't know you had a blog. Will have to add you to my list.
I like how bright the boys' bedding is....I've never been fond of pale pastel baby/children's rooms.
Moriah Barach
www.upsaid.com/rosearamma
Post a Comment
<< Home