I told you it was tradition...
This is my mother, sitting on Old Saint Nick's lap. She was about 6 or 7 years old here. It was most likely taken in Oakland, CA at the old Capwell's store. I remember visiting that store with my grandmother when I was a child. Of course it is no longer there now. But look, she is about the same age as my daughters are today! And what can she be saying to the old bearded man? "Is that dried fruitcake in your beard?" Okay, probably not...I made that up!
Fast forward about 25 years. Here I am with my younger brother. I am about 10 years old and he is about 7 years old. This Santa looks like he is a bit tired. Or maybe he has had a little too much spiked eggnog! Somebody take the mans keys so he can't drive home! But don't we look like we have this down? Look at the camera and smile now! What do you want for Christmas?
And here we have our picture taken just this month. As you can see Bethany and Sarah take after their mother and uncle. They have those smiles down. They know what they are expected to do! Jesse and Jared, well, they are still in training folks. They'll get it next year. I have great faith in those boys!So now you understand. I feel better after explaining myself and giving you some much appreciated, I am sure, PROOF!

1 Comments:
Cute pics!! I remember Capwell's!! :^D
Post a Comment
<< Home