Saturday, June 30, 2007

Lavender Fields Forever....


Okay, okay, so the song is really titled Strawberry Fields Forever, but for some reason I found myself humming this tune in my head as we wandered through acres of beautiful fragrant lavender blossoms.

This morning we loaded up the van and all headed out to the 1st annual Clackamas Lavender Festival at the Oregon Lavender Farm. The fields were in full bloom and there was lots to see and do. Asa did a little wine tasting and talked with a few folks from local wineries, we tasted some yummy lavender ice cream and Bethany and Sarah made flower bouquets, picking their own lavender in the vibrant fields. Jesse and Jared met some "real" firemen and sat with daddy on the fire engine. They got their own hats and badges, so they are official now! Before we left, the girls did a little horseback riding with Peggy Sue and Leah, horses from a nearby stable. It was a fun family outing, enjoying our Oregon sunshine, after a few days of cloudy and wet weather.

2 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Blogger Mama Chanoli said...

Beautiful! Since you made it to the first annual it will be fun to see how many you'll make it to in the future :)

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

We do plan on going again next year!

I guess I am just a sucker for festivals and flower fields! So far since we have been here we have visited the tulip farm twice, an iris farm, a dahlia farm and now this lavender farm! Maybe it is because I have always been such a city girl, and now being so near "the country" I am indulging myself in this "other way of life" LOL! And who can resist beautiful flowers that smell soooo good!

This week we are planning on going blueberry picking at another farm closeby. (I feel another blog coming...hee hee!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home