Snowed In...
We're still enjoying the snow here...well actually to be 100% honest, I am getting a bit tired of it. It has been coming down hard for the last few days. We now have a whopping 24+ inches! Everything is buried....most likely my van as well. Asa drove it to work yesterday with chains, and when he went to come home the windshield wipers wouldn't work properly so he had to leave it there and catch a ride home with a friend. That ride proved to be a bit of an adventure I might add. It took them about an hour and a half to drive home. (A normal day's commute would be about 20 minutes.) During that time they helped a guy stuck on the side of the road, stopped by a Les Schwab dealer to see if they had some chains for our Honda, (they didn't stay as there were 60 people in line...no joke!) and then they managed to do a 180 on Highway 213 into oncoming traffic. Thankfully, there were only a few cars on the road at the time and they were able to slow down and go around them. His buddy dropped him off at the corner and he trudged home, happy that he was finally getting out of the snow. Perhaps you can begin to understand why I am longing to see my green lawn once again?
My kiddos, on the other hand, are loving the snow and suited up again over the weekend to play in the fluffy white stuff for a bit. I thought they made the cutest little snow bunnies I had ever seen. Don't you agree?

Well, I guess I will have to take a few more pics so that you can see our even more frosty winter wonderland, our buried back yard,and our many hanging icicles etc. We certainly won't be going anywhere anytime soon. They are telling us it will be Saturday or Sunday before this stuff starts to melt. Our trip to the grandparents for Christmas has to be postponed unfortunately. Guess we will celebrate Christmas with them on New Year's day! Oh well...at least I will soon be able to say I have truly had a white Christmas!
My kiddos, on the other hand, are loving the snow and suited up again over the weekend to play in the fluffy white stuff for a bit. I thought they made the cutest little snow bunnies I had ever seen. Don't you agree?

Well, I guess I will have to take a few more pics so that you can see our even more frosty winter wonderland, our buried back yard,and our many hanging icicles etc. We certainly won't be going anywhere anytime soon. They are telling us it will be Saturday or Sunday before this stuff starts to melt. Our trip to the grandparents for Christmas has to be postponed unfortunately. Guess we will celebrate Christmas with them on New Year's day! Oh well...at least I will soon be able to say I have truly had a white Christmas!



1 Comments:
Wow! You still have the snow! I'm glad Asa made it home and I hope you can manage to still enjoy the holiday even though you'll be cooped up. Thankfully, you know that it won't last long - it will turn to rain eventually! I'm a tad jealous truth be told ;)
Merry Christmas!!
k.
Post a Comment
<< Home