Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What to do Wednesday...

Ever have one of those days when you are just feeling lazy and want to do nothing? I think I am experiencing one today. Actually, I did do something this morning. I took the kids to the library and then we had a picnic lunch at a nearby park. There was a cool breeze and it it felt so good to sit under a shady tree and just watch my kids enjoying themselves! And we had the whole park to ourselves! This is why it is my favorite park! There's this little neighborhood park tucked away that no one ever seems to hang out at. Simply blissful! Overcrowded parks with lots of kids running around are never very relaxing for me. I always fear for losing one of the kids in the chaos.

The boys are napping, after I let them go up and down the slide 1oox and the girls are playing quietly. And I am just plain wasting time on the computer! Yes...I admit it! I finally joined Facebook, even though I told myself I never would. ha ha! And have so far reconnected with 4 old friends from many moons ago. It has been fun really! And reconnecting with old friends really isn't a waste of time now is it?

We went on a short camp trip this past weekend with the grandparents. It was wonderful as I really didn't have to do much except show up with our tent and bedding...and the family of course. My mom had planned all the meals and brought all the food. You see, the camp ground was only 3 minutes from her house! LOL! But the kids didn't care! It was a camping trip with "Bob-Bob" and "Tutu" and that was all they cared about! The weekend started out with some rain...OH NO! But then it cleared up, got sort of HOT actually, and we were able to go and play in the lake. The kids had fun rowing around in our blow-up boat. We ate lots of good camp food, including marshmellows, got real dirty and didn't take a bath, oh and woke up on the ground after sleeping on a slow leaking mattress. What camp trip would be complete without that! I didn't take many pictures...shame on me...but here are a few cute moments that I did capture.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home