Almost ready...

We have had a busy week to say the least. Next week is our first ever trip to Family Camp at the Oregon Coast and we are pretty excited! We even have friends from California coming up to attend with us! On Monday I had a LONG list of things to shop for and pack, but instead of getting a head start on all that at the beginning of the week, we found ourselves, along with at least 17 other families from our church, suffering from a very bad case of either food poisoning or a nasty flu bug. It was no fun let me tell you! We were all down for the count within a few hours of each other and MON night brought little sleep for anyone involved. My DH was so helpful! He thankfully didn't have to grab a bowl every few hours, but did spend some time trotting back and forth to the bathroom. Due to his being a little better off than I was, he helped with the kids tremendously, and did many a load of laundry, while I moaned from the couch. He stayed home from work on TUES and we all laid around in our pjs staring at the television or watching movies. The kids were thrilled to have a grand sleepover in mommy and daddy's room for several nights. It wasn't for fun mind you, but so as to make it easier for whoever felt well enough to "leap out of bed" and help the child who was currently throwing up! Thank God we are all well again and feeling pretty much back to our old selves. Today I was able to go out and actually do some of that shopping that I had hoped to do on TUES, only 2 days later isn't too bad I suppose. Tomorrow I hope to finish up so that all day SAT we can pack! Now we are praying for a few days of sunshine while we are away at the beach....one can hope and pray at least. I am assured we will have lots of fun no matter what!

1 Comments:
Brutal!!! Hope everyone is well and you are having a blast at camp!
Post a Comment
<< Home